Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inspired...

Okay, this is a repost for some of you... thought I'd move the party over here to make things a bit more official.

I've always thought about starting a blog... but I'm pretty sure I've had nothing exciting enough in my life to blog about thus far. But as I've had several people close to me start a blog recently, I thought I might give it a shot. With all the major life changes coming our way, now seems as good of a time as any.

A baby… What a new beginning to a new chapter of life. Nish and I talked for months about when was the right time. Should we do it before I graduate law school? Should we try to time it between semesters? Should we wait? Do we have enough money? Time? Maturity? I’m sure these are all questions that people ask when they are debating on whether or not to start a family. And I’m sure almost everyone else experienced what we experienced… It will happens when it happens, and not a moment sooner; and definitely not according to all your “plans.”

Babies… excuse me? Did you say babIES? Oh, no… you must be confused, we only signed up for one. I clearly remember checking ONE baby on the form. How do you hold two babies at once? How do you feed, change, clothe, bathe, pay for and love two babies at once? I know we aren’t the first people on earth to experience such a surprise, but for one small second just after the doctor said, “It’s twins!!,” it felt like we were the only people on earth who had ever had this happen to them.

But after a minor meltdown, it started to shine through what a blessing this would be. We weren’t getting just one lump of joy, but two! And if there were ever two people that had village to help them, it’s us. I think, too, it has helped the outlook considerably that I can hold down more than two spoonfuls of food at a time, I don’t need a nap every 20 min., and my Totally Body Boppy Pillow has arrived thanks to my wonderful husband! (everyone should have one of these… I meant the Boppy Pillow, but a wonderful husband is nice to have too!!)

Things are definitely starting to look up! (at least until the next mood swing :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I love it! I am your first follower... I promise to be loyal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Devaser. You are an inspiration to so many of us :)

    ReplyDelete